Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Frodo meets Tonto

Yesterday Frodo came into the paddock to meet Tonto.

Tonto pinned her ears and cow kicked in his direction. Frodo respected her opinion and did not go over to her.

Tonto chased him away from the hay. The piles were not next to each other but she did not want him to have any.


Otherwise they paid no attention to each other.


Tonto's only concern was that her herd was over there!


She would come get a bite of hay and go back to the fence to stare at her herd. After about 30 minutes I went and got Takoda and put her in with them. Initially Tonto chased Frodo away, Takoda just went to a pile of hay. They all ate, if Frodo came too close Tonto chased her away. I left them together for about an hour. I found Frodo standing, with his foot cocked, by himself in the corner of the paddock. He started to come to me when I came to the gate but then thought better of it because Tonto was there. He stood and let me come get him and happily went back to the chickens. It was a successful day, three horses together for an hour with no problems. Only Little is left, I will wait to have help to try that.

No comments:

Post a Comment